Hawkesbury Family Support Tel: 4588 3504 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
This service supports families with children aged 0—18 years under stress or in crisis with dependent children who are living in Richmond, Bligh Park , McGraths Hill, Vineyard, Windsor, South Windsor, Oakville, Agnes Banks, Pitt Town, Windsor Downs, Yarramundi areas of the Hawkesbury. Home visits or centre-based sessions provide information and referral, counselling and support to families. The service also provides a Parent Connect group for isolated parents caring for children aged 0 –8 years needing some time with other parents to learn new skills and have fun together—more details below. The family support service is available on:
Monday, Tuesday, Weds & Thursday from 9am-12 noon & 1pm-4pm.
Are you having trouble coping in your family?
Do you need someone to talk to, someone who will really listen to you?
All families need extra support at different times.
Why would I want or need a Family Support Worker?
· Maybe you are having difficulty coping
· Worried about your child/children
· Had a new baby and feeling down
· Having money problems
· Wanting some information about parenting
How would a Family Support Worker be able to assist my Family?
· Working out a plan together on how best to help your family
· Giving you emotional and/or practical assistance
· Helping you get in touch with other services
· Parenting groups to help with day to day issues
· Support groups
Who can use the service?
Anyone with dependent children aged 0—18 years
In the Richmond, Bligh Park , McGraths Hill, Vineyard, Windsor, South Windsor, Oakville, Agnes Banks, Pitt Town, Windsor Downs, Yarramundi areas of the Hawkesbury
How can I speak with a Family Support Worker?
· You can come into the centre or telephone
· Home visits can be arranged for you
· All information you give us is strictly confidential
· Family Support Services work on building on individual and family strengths and helping each family set and achieve its own goals.
· The aim of the service is to assist people to have confidence in their own matters, by offering support and practical assistance in a caring environment.
Parent Connect is a group for Dads and Mums caring for children aged 0-8 years runs fortnightly, 10-12pm on Monday mornings during school term, offering a chance for parents of young children to make friends, break isolation and learn information relevant to parenting. Childcare provided. To book in call Carol on 4588 3504
There are many group workshops and ongoing support groups offered at the centre—click here for some of those— and come in to the centre for more information.
Support for parents/primary carers of children aged 0—18 years
Richmond Community Services Inc. & Neighbourhood Centre
20 West Market Street
P O Box 260
Richmond NSW 2753
Tel: (02) 4588 3555 Fax: (02) 4578 3322
Tax Deductible Gift Recipient status!